To celebrate March as Women’s Month, we have partnered with Alternatives for Girls, a southwest Detroit-based nonprofit organization that helps homeless and high-risk teens and young women avoid violence, teen pregnancy and exploitation. They help young women explore and access the support, resources and opportunities necessary to be safe, to grow strong and to make positive choices in their lives.
We are excited to launch several ways you can help give back to this incredible organization!
Enter Our Raffle
We will be raffling off our Day at the Beach Package and a gift basket chock full of products from women-owned businesses (valued at $300!) The Day at the Beach Package includes:
- 60-minute therapeutic massage
- Signature facial
How to Enter:
- Purchase a $10 raffle ticket at the front desk (cash only)
- Or, click HERE to donate online. Choose “other” donation amount and type in $10. Fill out the information requested. Under “How did you hear about us?”, select Beach House from the dropdown menu. You will need to show a screenshot of your donation to the front desk so we can fill out a ticket for you!
Make an In-Kind Donation
We are also holding a donation drive at Beach House, collecting much-needed clothing and essentials. Alternatives for Girls is currently accepting:
- Women’s and men’s winter jackets in all sizes (must be new)
- Women’s and men’s socks and underwear, as well as bras (must be new)
- Yoga pants/sweatpants, sweatshirts, women’s t-shirts in all sizes (must be new)
- Mittens, gloves and scarves for women and girls (gently used)
- Gift cards (Kroger, Meijer, Target, CVS, Walgreen’s, gas, Uber/Lyft, etc.)
- Roller suitcases and duffle bags (must be new)
- Diapers (all sizes needed)
- African American hair products
- Hygiene items (full and travel-size)
- Baby blankets (new & gently used)